This requires the estimated 200,000 Americans who live in Australia, many of whom are dual citizens, to file tax returns in both countries.
Until the introduction of the 2010 Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the US government had no way of discovering details of the 8 million Americans who live abroad.
FATCA 2017 Tax News
- Establishing ‘foreign’ trusts in the United States
- $1.745m Software Deal To Facilitate Tax Exchange
- ‘Nowhere To Hide’ As Global Tax Evasion Net Tightens
- Bitfinex: “We are required to report certain account info to the BVI Govt.”
- Bitfinex Requires Customer Tax Info which it ‘May Exchange’ with Gov’t, Tax Authorities
- FATCA is still Standing!
- Bitfinex Requires Customer Tax Info which it ‘May Exchange’ with …
- Chapter 2 – Brock project: Seeking stories from current or former “U.S. Citizens” who are/were destroyed by attempting to comply with U.S. @CitizenshipTax AKA @NonresidentTax
- As Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding Arrives, So Do Taxes
- Countries That Have Signed Up To FATCA
- How Automation Can Help With FATCA Compliance
- Still some way to go for greater international tax transparency
- Countries That Have Signed Up To FATCA – iExpats
- Brock project: Seeking stories from “Proud Americans” who are being destroyed by @NonResidentTax and @CitizenshipTax
- ‘Accidental Americans’ living abroad fight tax bill from Uncle Sam …
- Seeking stories from “Proud Americans” who are being destroyed by @NonResidentTax and @CitizenshipTax
- Due diligence instructions for foreign investors in India
- Two Day Seminar: Complete 1099, TIN Matching, B-Notice, FATCA and Nonresident Alien 1042-S Compliance Update …
- IRS warns about new twist on banking tax scam
- Ottawa Brock Lunch – Saturday 26 May